Choosing The Right Water Pump
10 April 2017 14:10:16 BST
Posted in Gas Products
Why Do You Need a Water Pump?
A water pump is often a necessity in agriculture, construction, fisheries and many other sectors, but it is also useful equipment for home use:
- Draining and filling your swimming pool, pond, or hot tub
- Draining flood water from a basement
- Draining shallow flooded areas
- Draining duck blinds Irrigation purposes for agricultural or lawn sprinkling
- Distributing fertilizers and pesticides
- On-site construction purposes and other miscellaneous tasks
What kinds of Water Pumps are there?
- Transfer pumps are ideal for draining small pools, hot tubs, duck blinds or garden ponds. In addition, they can be used to drain shallow flooded areas and for lawn sprinkling. These types of pumps are made for clear water pumping and should be relatively debris free. However, they can withstand the passage of small solids.
- Trash Pumps – Trash pumps are able to pass larger solids from less than an inch to 2 inches and are used mostly for commercial and agricultural use. These pumps are mainly used for irrigation, to drain small flooded areas like a basement or are utilised on construction sites.
How To Choose The Right Water Pump For Your Needs?
When looking around for water pumps there are three key considerations. All water pumps are measured in the flow or discharge capacity (GPM or Gallons Per Minute), suction, and lift.
- Flow is the GPM Discharge Capacity. This is the main power of pump and it's measured by the rate of speed that water flows from the source to the discharge point.
- Suction: this is the vertical distance from the water source to the pump. This is especially important to consider for draining a basement or deep pond.
- Lift: the lift is the maximum height from the source of the water to the destination or drainage point. This provides the power to move water over a distance toward the exit.
For example, a pump like Greengear's WP-2 with a slower discharge capacity, would be ideal for occasional household use. On the other hand, a fishery that deals with filling and emptying water daily would look for a faster flow in a model like the WP-4 that would reduce operation time.
What Are The Advantages of Greengear's Propane/LPG Pumps
- Greengear water pumps are made with lightweight aluminium for ease of positioning and transport
- A special easy start system makes the pump a snap to use especially during emergencies
- Adjustable speed allows you to control the water flow and to control the drainage of discharged water
- The equipment is made for endurance even run over several continuous hours time
- Greengear pumps need to be placed on a relatively dry surface and are not intended as submergible pumps
- Refueling is quick, clean & simple
- LPG/Propane fueled pumps will work more silently and with less CO2 emissions than traditional gasoline fueled pumps
Click here to view our entire line of Water Pumps.
Looking for more info?
Fill in the form and someone will contact you regarding your query.
If you have any questions, we're here to answer them. Please contact us at email@example.com or call 028 9146 1111 between Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in